The Maui News
Paint, fencing and ice supply companies, health service providers and nonprofits are among the nominees for the 2022 Mayor’s Small Business Awards, which will be held Oct. 6, the Maui Chamber of Commerce announced Wednesday.
All nominees and winners will be honored during an event from 5:30 to 9 p.m. at the Maui Beach Hotel Rainbow Ballroom.
Nominees for each category are as follows:
Exceptional Small Business of the Year (10 or fewer employees):
• Da Kine Paints LLC, Michelle Heller.
• Island Ice and Water Company, Seth J.K. Cravalho.
• Living Adjusted, Molly Stiens.
• To Be Organics, Karli Rose Wilson.
Exceptional Small Business of the Year (11 to 39 employees):
• IBS School of Cosmetology & Massage, Lauanda Davis.
• Maui Cardiology, Robin and James Muto.
• Maui Recovery Services LLC, David Naylor and Dr. Nicholas Kardaras.
• Valley Isle Fencing, Art “Bobo” Leal.
• Venture Physical Therapy, Ann and Ted Anderson.
Outstanding Nonprofit Business (100 or fewer employees):
• Friends of the Children’s Justice Center of Maui, Paul Tonnessen.
• Mana’o Radio, Michael Elam.
• Maui Family Support Services, Inc., Edeluisa M. Baguio-Larena.
v Maui Rescue Mission Inc., Scott Hansen.
• Maui United Way, Nicholas R. Winfrey.
Young Small Businessperson of the Year (under the age of 40 as of Oct. 6):
• Christopher Monroe, The Ohana Animal Inn.
• Ceone Nojima, Baya LLC.
• Jessica Pickering, Maui Diving–Scuba & Snorkel Center LLC.
Lifetime Achievement Award (for any individual doing business in Maui County for more than 20 years, with up to 100 employees):
• Maui Surfer Girls Inc., Dustin Tester.
Registration is required for the event. Tickets cost $69 per person on or before Monday and $79 thereafter. They can be purchased by visiting mauichamber.com and clicking on the events page. Refunds can be made available before Sept. 30.
For more information and available sponsorships, visit mauichamber.com or contact the chamber at (808) 244-0081 or email@example.com.